The Digital Design Studio (DDS) Recording Room is on the third floor of the Tisch Library, inside room 303. This space is designed as an educational space for critically engaging with media. While the service is available to all members of the Tufts community, it is oriented towards academic courses and extracurricular activities for students. Priority will be given to course-related project work. Please review the DDS Recording Room Policies below prior to making a reservation.
Our space is 12 feet by 16 feet, and is equipped with the following equipment, furniture, and software:
- 2 Røde NT1000 Studio Condenser microphones on swivel mount boom arms with pop filter
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 audio interface
- Sony MDR-7506 headphones
- Sony a6600 with an 18-135mm focal length lens and Røde VideoMic Pro on a Provista 75XB tripod
- Sliding black velvet backdrop
- Green screen wall
- Pre-set lighting grid with options to dim individual panels
- iMac with: Audacity; Adobe Creative Cloud including Audition, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop; Apple GarageBand and iMovie; and more
- Two-piece moveable conference table
- Whiteboard built into wall
Our Studio Assistants are happy to help with general setup questions and support. If you are new to our space or have specific questions, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
- Minimum reservation time in the recording room is one hour. Maximum reservation time is 4 hours in one day. If you require additional time, please contact DDS staff.
- DDS staff members reserve the right to limit usage to 4 hours per week per person or group. Priority will be given to course-related project work.
- Walk-ins are allowed, but for guaranteed access to the recording room please make a reservation in advance.
- If you have not checked in within 15 minutes of your scheduled appointment, we reserve the right to reassign the space. To cancel your appointment follow the cancellation link in your booking confirmation email or calendar invite; you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
- Notify the Studio Assistant when you are finished using the recording room so they can complete the checkout process.
- All users are required to provide their own media storage. We are not responsible for lost, deleted, or corrupted data.
Equipment and Liability
- For your safety, we ask that patrons do not physically move lights on the grid or change the location of the microphone mounts attached to the recording station. For specific adjustments, please contact email@example.com in advance of your reservation.
- Damage caused by — including, but not limited to — theft, negligence, abuse, or gross misuse will be the user's responsibility.
- If you leave the recording room in a highly disorganized state or showing signs of gross neglect and improper care, you will lose your privileges.
- Please notify DDS staff members if you notice any problems with equipment while it’s in your care.
- Food or drinks are not allowed in the recording room
- Studio Assistants are trained to provide technical support. Please don't hesitate to ask for assistance.